Saturday, April 14, 2018

Gender Pay Gap Has Its Own Holiday - So It Must Be Real, Right?

Ok, a few days late, but are you as confused by this as I am? It has its own what??? And does that make it real? I was reading an article on the Fortune.com titled, “Don’t Believe These 5 Myths About the Gender Pay Gap” and saw that today is “Equal Pay Day.” I don’t know about you, but I’m thinking that’s kind of crazy! Why would we have a day in honor of this whether it’s true or not? Will Hallmark start making cards for this now?! It would have to be a money holder card, right? Because you know, our male bosses and male coworkers would want to voluntarily give us money today to even things out…haha!
All kidding aside, the article has some good information in it. I do believe that gender pay gap is a real thing. I did some research for one of my classes and everything I found confirmed that it’s true. I’m a very logical person most of the time, so I thought there had to be some reason other than gender. That’s why I decided to research. I just couldn’t believe that this could be true in this day and age. What I found, and what this article states as well, is that it is true and overall, no other valid reason can be found for the pay differential between men and women. The article is a good read. Check it out and let me know what you think!

1 comment: